We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
RedShark Review: Brett Danton tried out the new Blackmagic Davinci Resolve grading panels and, within five minutes, was wondering how he had ever lived without them. This does for Resolve what the Wacom tablet did for Photoshop.
Imagineer’s Mocha VR is being used by an increasing number of production houses as 360/VR filmmaking is officially entering the mainstream, so the Imagineer team recently sat down with three early adopters to learn more about their experiences in 360° video production and post.
Brett Danton shot the highly-regarded C300 Mark II launch film in Greece which won an ACS award for cinematography. His current project ramps things up yet further and involves one of the first uses in anger of the new $28,000 Canon EOS C700. Initial feedback is very positive.
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.
RedShark Review: Matrox’s Monarch LCS (Lecture Capture System) lets you easily define profiles for live streamed and recorded lectures by mixing camera and presentation material from SDI and HDMI sources. As such, Guest Author, Keenan Gorrie, reckons it’s a must-have.
- Monday 24 Apr 2017 - (12648) Resolve 14 is the software’s biggest upgrade ever
- Saturday 22 Apr 2017 - (10251) Avid goes free: Meet Media Composer First
- Monday 17 Apr 2017 - (8614) Light L16 camera to ship in July and look like this
- Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 - (8557) New firmware for Sony cameras
- Friday 21 Apr 2017 - (6054) Hands on with the surprise new Sony a9 mirrorless camera
- Saturday 29 Apr 2017 - (436) Videoblocks moves into stills [video]
- Saturday 29 Apr 2017 - (2047) RedShark Awards winners for NAB 2017
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (527) New ARRI presets let you achieve looks fast
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (1065) AMD's "latest and greatest graphics card" [video]
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (658) Signiant talks storage independence [video]