We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to email@example.com
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
Ever increasing resolutions and complexity introduced by new technology such as HDR means that the post production world is constantly having to evolve to ensure a smooth ride. Adam Hamer takes a look at the current state of play.
It is vital to determine well in advance of heading to any location — regardless of the pressure of demanding clients or real-world danger — the specific gear I’m going to need to accomplish my mission. And there’s only one effective way to do that: reverse engineering. By Jody Eldred.
- Saturday 14 Oct 2017 - (263728) FPGAs: the processing miracle in our video tech
- Friday 13 Oct 2017 - (10871) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (8453) RED surprises everyone with a new full-frame 8K sensor: meet Monstro 8K VV
- Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 - (5074) In the future you may be able to print your own camera
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (4755) The remarkable robots that are transforming filmmaking
- Friday 20 Oct 2017 - (111) Is this the solution to the ultimate sound experience in VR?
- Friday 20 Oct 2017 - (1256) Intel unleashes the industry’s first dedicated neural network silicon
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (444) Should CGI performance capture be recognised as an acting art?
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (3058) Hidden chip in Pixel 2 is a huge leap forward in video technology
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (1513) Optical filters will be important for years to come