We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to email@example.com
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
It is vital to determine well in advance of heading to any location — regardless of the pressure of demanding clients or real-world danger — the specific gear I’m going to need to accomplish my mission. And there’s only one effective way to do that: reverse engineering. By Jody Eldred.
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33569) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31042) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29227) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (24991) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9545) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Sunday 17 Dec 2017 - (6865) Christmas gifts for the camera crew
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (853) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1507) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1566) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1269) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles