David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Sending video over IP networks will change everything you know about working with video. Because it's not just about how you connect equipment together; it's about the equipment itself. It opens up new, exciting possibilities. It's a new kind of freedom.
In case this seems like a really downbeat title for an article, please let me reassure you that it’s not. In fact it’s more of a tale about a really nice world where nice people say nice things to each other, and, ultimately, get their broken cameras fixed. Or something like that....
You may be wondering whether the Web needs another audio publication. We did too. And we found that while there are some very good sites out there — excellent, in fact — most, if not all of them are somewhat niche. There’s really nothing there that covers everything audio. RedShark Sound will.
RedShark TV Ep. 3: The World's fastest PC workstation; RedShark Awards; State of the art in affordable Live TV production
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38347) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25043) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9862) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8520) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6435) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1716) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (596) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1064) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (966) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (492) How to complain effectively