David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Just in case this headline looks familiar to you, you’re right: we’ve been talking about this stuff for a long time. But a lot has changed, the world has moved on, and now, we’re no longer simply extrapolating from what’s gone before: we’re dealing with the real thing.
We've been working with RED and G-Technology to look at the issues, opportunities and practical solutions around shooting in higher-than-4K resolutions. We asked cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC, what it’s like to work in higher-than 4K resolutions using RED cameras and G-Technology storage
There’s no better place to see and feel the exponential rate of progress in technology than a modern, state of the art VFX/CGI facility. London’s Soho is packed with them but only a select few can claim such prestigious and mind-bendingly complex projects as Cinesite.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21782) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15902) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12940) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11173) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7336) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (468) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (992) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (903) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (965) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1828) Is the standard lens just a myth?