David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Opinion: The debate over the video capabilities of Canon’s latest EOS 5D Mark IV seems to have largely lost sight of the fact that, when the EOS 5D range first came out eleven years ago, video wasn’t even in the picture.
Trying to use a camera designed for taking stills for serious video shooting is like trying to drive a Telsa electric car in Ludicrous Mode all the time. Eventually, something will probably break. It’s all a question of purpose, design, architecture and economics. [Opinion]
A surprise special edition RED Weapon camera equipped with the company's new 8K S35 Helium sensor went on sale yesterday, but you had to be quick to buy one as the limited run of the $59k camera sold out in 10 minutes!
Just in case this headline looks familiar to you, you’re right: we’ve been talking about this stuff for a long time. But a lot has changed, the world has moved on, and now, we’re no longer simply extrapolating from what’s gone before: we’re dealing with the real thing.
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (62108) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 13 Aug 2016 - (33102) If you want to get the best out of digital, buy an old film camera.
- Thursday 11 Aug 2016 - (15870) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15456) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10273) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (5011) IBC2016 updates from Ikegami, Matthews Studio Equipment, Calrec & more
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (5431) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (544) TriCaster and NDI keep Turkish News Broadcaster on air during military coup [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (453) IBC Rising Stars: Understanding the potential of VR
- Thursday 25 Aug 2016 - (1892) DJI launches new version of the Osmo handheld