David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
We caught up with Avid Chairman and CEO, Louis Hernandez Jr, while we were in Dubai recently. Sitting in a gloomy corner of an otherwise brightly lit Avid booth, we shot this exclusive video interview. Without giving away anything too specific, we look at NAB 2017 and beyond.
We’ve run a few articles recently about the direction Apple seems to be taking and are reaching the inescapable conclusion that the company that invented the iPhone is being consumed by consumers. “Pro” doesn’t seem to matter any more, “Thin” does. So, where does that leave us?
The powerful new $5995 Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro takes all that was good about the original URSA Mini and builds on it with dedicated controls, a truly interchangeable lens mount, integrated ND filters, and a good deal more - and it's shipping immediately.
The new TV switching, recording and streaming suite of products announced today by Blackmagic are both an evolution and a significant upgrade — and there's one brand new category of product altogether. David Shapton reports.
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (13851) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13665) Why you should use prime lenses
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10279) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6585) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Sunday 26 Mar 2017 - (6119) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (26) Some notable 360° video projects from the virtual front [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (544) RedShark exclusive video interview with Avid Chairman and CEO, Louis Hernandez Jr
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (3979) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Monday 27 Mar 2017 - (1549) Atomos uploads free CDNG update for Shogun range
- Monday 27 Mar 2017 - (1945) VariCam: Exquisitely sensitive and colourful [sponsored]