David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Convergent technology has a very distinctive business strategy that becomes clearer with every passing month. Their Odyssey range of recorder/monitors has been around since early 2013, and when they appeared, we thought they were incredibly significant.
Four years ago today, we launched RedShark. We had no idea whether what would happen when we started on this journey and we weren’t even thinking that we might be in the position we are today as one of the top websites written for, and read by, the entire Moving Image Industry.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94670) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38891) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22545) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6597) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5728) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (343) The real reason why we need 8K
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (888) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1669) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1227) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1664) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once