David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Sending video over IP networks will change everything you know about working with video. Because it's not just about how you connect equipment together; it's about the equipment itself. It opens up new, exciting possibilities. It's a new kind of freedom.
You may be wondering whether the Web needs another audio publication. We did too. And we found that while there are some very good sites out there — excellent, in fact — most, if not all of them are somewhat niche. There’s really nothing there that covers everything audio. RedShark Sound will.
Regardless of the decision to shoot Star Wars: The Force Awakens on film, digital video has come a long ways since the premiere of (sub-HD) Episodes II and III.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37593) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24477) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (7986) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6264) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5207) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (648) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (576) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (991) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1461) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (498) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games