David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
The new TV switching, recording and streaming suite of products announced today by Blackmagic are both an evolution and a significant upgrade — and there's one brand new category of product altogether. David Shapton reports.
The Panasonic GH5 represents a significant upgrade over the previous GH4, which is all the more impressive given that its very popular successor isn’t even three years old yet. Here, in detail, are all the upgrades and improvements.
The $2000 Panasonic GH5, launched on Wednesday at CES, is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with 4K 60p/50p recording, and 4:2:2 10-bit shooting in 4K at up to 30p. With an additional 6K Photo Mode, it looks like an incredibly powerful all-rounder.
I’ve spent Christmas in a 4K winter wonderland. Well, that's overstating it a bit, perhaps, but with a Dell 32" 4K monitor on my desk and a 75" Sony 4K HDR set to play with, it's been by far the best chance I've ever had to spend some quality time in front of all those pixels.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17091) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12133) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5829) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5353) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (383) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (933) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1603) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1276) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1088) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR