Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (12196) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Saturday 24 Jun 2017 - (11828) When NASA calls a camera revolutionary, it really means it
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (9359) Just in case you doubted that 8K video is the new still photography...
- Friday 16 Jun 2017 - (8515) 5 Tips from top Colorist Warren Eagles
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (8031) The home-brew return of anamorphic
- Wednesday 28 Jun 2017 - (150) Waking up the workflow [sponsored]
- Wednesday 28 Jun 2017 - (1092) Coupling the GH5 with a Ninja Inferno
- Wednesday 28 Jun 2017 - (986) JMR unveils three new SiloStor PCI Express SSD cards
- Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 - (4045) Looks like RED is up to something *really* big
- Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 - (644) Why reviews can only give you part of the story