With NAB right around the corner, Canon may be looking to make a splash with one of the juiciest rumours of the Spring. For nearly a month now, the talk around the interwebs, at least for the photo-obsessed, is that the 5D Mk IV may be getting C-Log. And it shows no sign of fading away.
Besides the whole space exploration thing, one cool thing that we all can enjoy about NASA is the technology transfer. Look around your home and you'll find just about everything has some sort of connection to the big blue ball. And its new release is no different.
How can a camera company obsessed with protecting the 4K capability of their professional camera platforms coax their consumer base into buying new cameras with 1080p? Well, by giving them something else, like HDR and global shutter. That seems to be Canon's plan down the road.
GoPro footage is now being used in just about every film and TV show we watch. Not just for ESPN, but for reality TV like The Amazing Race to big budget films like Fast-n-Furious. But how do they make the footage go from the fisheye-like style to a more widescreen cinematic look? Well, there are a few ways to do it.
How many times have you captured that perfect Kodak moment, with the exception of the image slightly being out of focus? I'm not talking about so fuzzy you think there's a person in a shot, only that the image is a bit soft. Turns out there's a solution....
In our latest look at crowd funded camera gear, George Shaw finds some pretty great accessories that can help grab that cinematic image on a low budget. And, since it's all 100% funded already, you can buy it now.
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13469) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (13306) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (9773) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Monday 13 Mar 2017 - (7234) Spectacular footage from Australia shows exactly how good the Canon C700 is
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (5507) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Sunday 26 Mar 2017 - (5446) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Saturday 25 Mar 2017 - (788) New Sony Digital Filter app emulates ND filter
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (1370) The state of the market for SSDs: March 2017
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (1247) How buying the right camera is a good long-term investment
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (1187) Metabones’ latest addition to its Speed Booster series: the PL To Sony E-mount