Adrian has been writing about the media industry for 20 years in a wide number of leading publications. He is a longstanding member of The IBC and ISE Daily teams, International Editor for CinemaEditor, award winning film critic, conference moderator and copywriter of white papers, press releases and marketing materials for a wide range of organisations. He lives in Liverpool and absolutely loves it.
From future handheld units to plug-ins for The Foundry, dealing with 400GB per second, and ambitions to get its lightfield technology into the hands of as many people as possible, including TV, Lytro’s Jon Karafin provides an update on all things Lightfield.
IBC’s haul of gadgets and prototypes usually prove so eclectic they may be unclassifiable if you were to meet them on the exhibition floor. This year, though, all things Virtual Reality have cornered the Future Zone.
This IBC was always going to be about IP but it’s clear that there is an imperative among manufacturers to not just say that they are open but to actually prove it. That’s because interoperability, or lack of it, is arguably the main sticking point putting the brakes on broadcaster investment.
As the last major consumer electronics show before Christmas, the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) show in Berlin carries considerable momentum into the present-giving season and electronics firms were focussing on Virtual Reality and HDR screens to turn consumer heads.
Infinite Wisdom Studios’ Michael Ford on the potential of VR, the differences between VR and 360-degree video, and what advice he has for people looking to get into the industry.
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11507) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11146) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (10885) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (8115) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7454) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (264) Can you spot post colourisation?
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (598) How IBC stays ahead of the curve
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (2786) Digital vs film. Has the digital process become over complicated and expensive?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1196) Ten years of superlative aviation filmmaking
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (2313) Is the Nikon D850 waiting in the wings with 8K timelapse?