Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
Sigma and Tokina have long held reputations for making lenses you'd buy for your Nikon or Canon camera when you couldn't afford "the real thing" but still needed some okay glass to shoot with. That is changing as new models become more than viable first choice lenses.
Canon’s latest compact 70-200mm T4.4 completes its line up of large format cine servo lenses, while the EOS update is designed to deliver a massive 800% increase in dynamic range. There’s also a 4K pro monitor firmware update in the offing.
With cancelled cameras, layoffs in recent months of over 1000 staff, and its stock falling off a cliff after the revelation of an "extraordinary loss" during the last months of 2016, all does not currently seem well at Nikon. How did it get here, though, and what does its future hold?
High speed mobile: Sony has incorporated some very interesting features into its latest phone camera sensor, but will this technology (and the accompanying high frame rate capture) make the jump to Sony's professional camera lines?
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47770) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8633) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7929) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7131) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5422) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Saturday 23 Sep 2017 - (290) How to travel with your drone
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (984) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (830) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1122) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4492) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE