Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
With cancelled cameras, layoffs in recent months of over 1000 staff, and its stock falling off a cliff after the revelation of an "extraordinary loss" during the last months of 2016, all does not currently seem well at Nikon. How did it get here, though, and what does its future hold?
High speed mobile: Sony has incorporated some very interesting features into its latest phone camera sensor, but will this technology (and the accompanying high frame rate capture) make the jump to Sony's professional camera lines?
Nearly a year after initially putting down a deposit for a Scarlet-W, Rakesh Malik now finally has $30,000 worth of Epic-W in his hands and discovers that it could be the ideal mixed still and cinematography camera for anyone serious about either format.
With a dearth of new camera announcements at this NAB, some pundits have been underwhelmed with the show. But, dig a little deeper and you'll likely find news and products that are meaningful to film professionals.
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (14082) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13792) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (11241) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10481) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6911) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (68) iClone 7 now supports ARRI, RED and Canon camera Looks
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (785) Sony highlights flagship system camera HDC-4800 at CABSAT [video]
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (1267) The four things you need to shoot tethered
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (1052) Rampant Design releases new tools for Premiere Pro
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (4996) AMD's forthcoming Radeon RX Vega: greater GPU power at lower cost?