Jonny Elwyn is a freelance editor and blogger who has been living and working in London, UK for the past 10 years. Having grown up with a deep love for film and a healthy geek interest in all things technical, editing is his perfect job.
Off the back of a decade of successful freelancing, Jonny has written a 100 page primer on How To Be A Freelance Creative – a straight-forward, practical guide to building a freelance creative career from the ground up.
Jonny Elwyn reckons that effective arguing in the edit room is not only an important part of the creative process, it can play a vital part in getting the end product right. Plus there's Pixar's implementation of 'plussing' to consider
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (12115) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Saturday 24 Jun 2017 - (11661) When NASA calls a camera revolutionary, it really means it
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (9197) Just in case you doubted that 8K video is the new still photography...
- Friday 16 Jun 2017 - (8276) 5 Tips from top Colorist Warren Eagles
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (7745) The home-brew return of anamorphic
- Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 - (12) Why reviews can only give you part of the story
- Tuesday 27 Jun 2017 - (1437) Six VFX Editing tips to keep your project organised
- Monday 26 Jun 2017 - (1075) Practical effects so good they need a 'not CG' disclaimer
- Monday 26 Jun 2017 - (996) Signiant: An easy way to boost your production business [sponsored]
- Monday 26 Jun 2017 - (1033) Blackmagic ships Bluetooth remote app