02 Feb 2017
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff WriterRead more...
30 Jan 2017
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.Read more...
14 Jan 2017
Robert Altman was a leading light of 1970s US cinema movement who exploited audio technology in innovative creative ways. Kevin Hilton looks at the sound styles of his films, focusing on M*A*S*H and the lesser known but still pivotal That Cold Day in the Park. By Kevin Hilton.Read more...
04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17843) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12250) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6086) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5953) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5510) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (296) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (779) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (775) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1147) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1156) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video