02 Feb 2017
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff WriterRead more...
30 Jan 2017
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.Read more...
14 Jan 2017
Robert Altman was a leading light of 1970s US cinema movement who exploited audio technology in innovative creative ways. Kevin Hilton looks at the sound styles of his films, focusing on M*A*S*H and the lesser known but still pivotal That Cold Day in the Park. By Kevin Hilton.Read more...
04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (14077) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13788) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (11162) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10477) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6904) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (57) iClone 7 now supports ARRI, RED and Canon camera Looks
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (764) Sony highlights flagship system camera HDC-4800 at CABSAT [video]
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (1245) The four things you need to shoot tethered
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (1027) Rampant Design releases new tools for Premiere Pro
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (4871) AMD's forthcoming Radeon RX Vega: greater GPU power at lower cost?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video