One thing that anyone who works in audio values is a good control surface, and that's just what the now shipping Sound Devices CL-12 provides.Read more...
After an intensive development programme, iZotope has just released its RX Post Production Suite and a new version of its well-regarded RX 5 Audio Editor.Read more...
Kiwi Digital has just unveiled the commercial version of its VoiceQ ADR and dubbing tool, which pulls the rythmo band into the digital age.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Recently there's been a resurgence in sales of vinyl records. We don't really know why. And we think we can prove that vinyl isn't better than digital. Here's how.Read more...
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
The iPhone's Lightning port is much more than a charging and headphone socket. You can use it to get high quality digital audio in to your phone. Sennheiser has taken advantage of this to make a very high quality microphone with an A/D converter - ideal for making voice-overs and pieces to camera out in the field.Read more...
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possibleRead more...
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.Read more...
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42062) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30422) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21393) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19353) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14432) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (34) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (582) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (921) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (951) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1264) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX