Replay: A microphone is a simple component that transforms acoustical energy into electrical energy. However, there is a lot to gain if you select the right microphone for the job. Eddy B. Brixen of DPA Microphones explains.Read more...
11 May 2016
Over on our sister site, RedShark Sound, we have been running a series of studio profiles. in this installment, we take a look at Rockfield Studios, where some all-time iconic songs such as Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody were recorded. By Jim Evans.Read more...
15 Mar 2016
A new pro-audio add-on from Sound Devices means that Video Devices recording monitors can have full professional audio facllitiesRead more...
17 Feb 2016
Electronics giant Adorama has teamed up with CBS Radio to offer a new, premiere audio-centric live performance and event space in New York. And it rocks.Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22247) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16022) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13048) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11215) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7190) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (519) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (644) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (803) All about colour with Apocalypse Now cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1928) AMD's incredibly fast new Radeon GPU breaks through the 8K barrier
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1811) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR LED lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX