After an intensive development programme, iZotope has just released its RX Post Production Suite and a new version of its well-regarded RX 5 Audio Editor.Read more...
Kiwi Digital has just unveiled the commercial version of its VoiceQ ADR and dubbing tool, which pulls the rythmo band into the digital age.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Recently there's been a resurgence in sales of vinyl records. We don't really know why. And we think we can prove that vinyl isn't better than digital. Here's how.Read more...
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
The iPhone's Lightning port is much more than a charging and headphone socket. You can use it to get high quality digital audio in to your phone. Sennheiser has taken advantage of this to make a very high quality microphone with an A/D converter - ideal for making voice-overs and pieces to camera out in the field.Read more...
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possibleRead more...
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.Read more...
Now this may seem weird coming from someone who’s been a cameraman for most of his working life and maybe it’s bit late to make amends, but I think it is time to reassert the importance of the sound recordist. By Roland Denning.Read more...
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47842) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14163) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12615) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9410) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (6963) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1542) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (5460) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1228) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1559) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1558) Sony splits off image sensor business
3D 4K 8K A7s Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX